1. Poor Testability
2. Expectations that testers have to pinpoint every issue.
3. Lack of time in testing because development took more time.
4. Dev Teams not writing Unit Tests
5. Lack of Test Infrastructure (Limited Test Devices, Systems).
6. Not insisting on due diligence from managers.
7. Not considering the time that will be lost due to task switching.
8. Unavailability of a Separate Test Environment
9. Not doing Risk Analysis.
10. Non-participation in key meetings – Sales Connect, Customer Feedback Calls, Product Enhancement, etc.
For more such challenges, please refer to Perfect Software and Other Illusions about Testing by Jerry Weinberg.
I also gave a talk on a similar topic at ATA GTR 2021. Check it out below: